Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve

So, there we were....ready to go out on NYE and 42 ninjas show up and mug my uterus.  I started cramping so bad I was nauseated and praying for a quick and easy death.  My kids were disappointed and my husband was worried....as I gingerly crept into my bed the doorbell rang and it was my friend, Kari.  I love my friend, Kari.  I refer to her as my hetero life mate.  She had called and Pj (the hubs) had informed her of my present physical condition and the girl came over and made four pans of lasagna so I wouldn't have to cook for a week.  Then she delivered a special drink that made all the pain go away, tucked the kids into their room so they could see fireworks go off and put a movie on for me. 

What I wouldn't give to be done with the tumors and cysts and the pain.  It affects each and every part of my life....but at least it gets me out of mopping.  hehehehe

So we had to have a family meeting about division of labor.  I maintain that a woman is a one person fortune 500 company.  We run each department and oversee the whole operation at the same time.

I told my husband and kids this morning that we were going to run our meetings according to the rules of parly.  And I prepared my notes and went to the head of the table, called the meeting to order, and began the process of stating new business.

Here's how it went:

I.  Division of Labor
     A.  Dishes
          1.  Alex puts away cups
          2.  Preston handles plates/bowls
          3.  Both put away cookware and utensils
     B.  Laundry
          1.  Alex empties dryer
          2.  Preston empties washer
     C.  Trash
          1.  Pj & Preston handle all trash and icky messes
          2.  Alex empties her bedroom trash
     D.  Sweeping, Vacuuming
          1.  Turns are taken
     E.  Any chemical cleaning will be done by mother or dad

II.  Rewards
     A.  Options on Small Rewards
          1.  BX play center
          2.  Park day
          3.  Game/movie night
     B.  Med. Rewards
          1.  Yabadoos
          2.  Kids' zone
          3.  Movie theatre
    C.  Large Rewards
         1.  Day trip to anywhere in a 2 hour radius
         2.  1 toy from shopping center
         3.  Weekend getaway to theme park

And thus, my kids stood on chairs this morning drying dishes and cleaning.  :)

We'll continue with parly and see how it goes and if it continues to work.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment